Saturday, September 6, 2008

Where in the WORLD is Steph?


Hi all,
As most of you are aware, I made it back to the US safe and sound. I had a month to "relax" and school started 2 weeks ago for me. While I was home I worked and volunteered at the stable and made it to the Equestrian Special Olympics for the 6th (?!) year with our riders. It was a little weird being home and I had to push down instances of wanting to speak German or wake up in my dorm room. It was hard to rein in my independence, but I survived. We got B., my new "brother" about 2 weeks into August. He's a study abroad student from Germany who will be living with my parents this year. He pretty much managed to seamlessly incorporate himself right into the family. Even Rio (dog) accepted him quickly. Also, this is very important as I am once again, for the time being, NOT the shortest one in my family. However, B is a 16 year old boy, and so that will surely change. However, he brought good German chocolate, so I will forgive him of this future transgression. At any rate, I have many misadventures (ranging from falling down a hay stack, which yes, I am Quite allergic to to more recently falling up the stairs in a very public location). Since I am not abroad anymore, I've decided to simply start a new blog. It can be accessed by clicking on my user profile and then should be listed. This is obviously prompted by a need to procrastinate...but it will be there eventually.
Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed the ride and feel free to keep yourself updated with my shennanigans of day-to-day (read:boring) life.
Hope all is well,
Steph

No comments: