Monday, October 25, 2010

11 Days of Not Posting...

Hi all,

So, I'll admit, it was a completely blissful 9 days home. My flights went smoothly, and I arrived in time to even drop of my dress with Ecu before the rehearsal dinner! Yes, I'm realizing that I don't have nicknames for some of my closest friends because I'm usually far away from them! Anyhow, Kit's rehearsal went smoothly and it was very simple. We went to the groom's parents for a catered/cooked in meal. It was fantastic...along with the open bar. Actually, the most divine aspect was the coconut jumbo die for!

We left relatively early, although Ecu kept me up until 1 or 2 trying to figure out how we were going to do our hair. That sounds incredibly girly. I was pretty much a girl that weekend though, so you'll have to pardon me. We were up bright and early the next morning with Ecu and I working out way to wear our hair (she almost panicked and went to a salon...) and we ended up not going with Kit when she got her hair done. We wouldn't have had time! Ecu did my makeup (see!?!), and she was busy also doing the flower girl's (9 going on 24) nails. We had time for a few quick Bellinis, which made the 3 hour photo shoot seem a lot shorter. After more primping and yanking (depending on how well one's dress was altered...), we were ushered here and there, in and out, for many photos...which I don't possess. But I will soon! (ish).

The wedding itself breezed by (literally, my brothers timed it in at 18 minutes: short and sweet), and soon I was surrounded by the entire family (minus pets). So naturally we now have this Christmas' card picture. We then boarded the stretch Hummer Limo, and I discovered the joy of blueberry hard lemonade. We then took more photos, but more casual ones, so they were fun. We finally ended up back at the hotel where we promenaded in and took our spots at the head table. Fortunately, we got to eat soon, as there'd been quite a few drinks on an empty stomach!

The rest of the evening was a few short speeches, and quite a lot of dancing. And it was only semi-awkward. I got to rock out with all my brothers, and spent a lot of time with the family. It was precious, not knowing the next time that will happen. Makes for a bittersweet memory.

Then next morning I brunched with the family before driving back home with Ecu. We only got semi-lost and I met an interesting potter.

Ok. That's enough of the weekend recap...a quick funny story from today:

An older villager lady: I just went to work..but no one was there!"
Me: "Ah, well, I'm sure they'll be back soon! You can just wait a few minutes there..."
"Why? They weren't there!"
Me "Well, if you don't go back...they might get worried about you..."
"WHY? I'm not worried about them!"

Fair enough.

But she still went back to work.

Hope all is well,

No comments: