Friday, October 9, 2009

Choosing Wisely

Hi all,
Today was another long day. While waiting for the shuttle with HD's friend, the neighbor husband came out and struck up a conversation, and before I knew it we were ensconced in his car. We got to the Metro about 10 minutes earlier than normal and so I made it to class a little early even! I was just feeling confident today about my commute when the teacher dropped a little news. She'd be out of the city on Monday...so we'd have an extra hour on Tuesday (and presumably through Friday, as we're missing 4 hours!). Guess what that means? Sigh. Transportation nightmares, begin!

Boys Being Boys
Can drive me up the wall. G will pounce on K, who will melt into tears. Moments later K will decide to engage in horseplay with G. However, K is big for his age, but doesn't realize his strength. G will be patient until K knocks him one too hard and then loses any sort of inhibition. Though he's old enough to know better, he rarely holds himself back. Worst of all, he can't drop it. He just picks and picks and picks at K. It's a vicious and frustrating circle. ARG!

Hellllllllllllloooooooooooooooo?
It's starting to feel a bit like isolation here. It's nice to see the people in my class and even get to start to know them a bit, but the breaks aren't very long and the teacher hasn't really done anything to promote building friendships. Luckily, most of my friends are being pretty good with keeping in touch! ; p

Hope all is well,
Steph
PS I just realized this post was slightly depressing. However, I am genuinely happy here, even if I feel out of place occasionally. I still find plenty of reasons to smile everyday.

No comments: