Friday, April 2, 2010

No Blog Post...April Fool's!

Hi all,

Yesterday and today were momentously long days. I managed to catch Sam in one April Fool's joke (they don't have the faucet sprayers in Germany, so the rubberbanded one worked beautifully...it took him about 10 seconds to realize what was happening...nice). I made hot chocolate for breakfast, and except for about 1 minute with Connie, it went over spectacularly well.

Lunch was another matter.

However, we got to the hall very early to do our run-through and then do the actual skit. The voice choir messed up and I was left to soldier on and it ended up doing pretty well. Maria was supposed to recline her head on "Jesus'" shoulder, but the bossy co-worker who was "producing" us spoke so harshly to her that I knew she wouldn't do it. And she didn't.

I didn't get back to the house until 10:30 and had to catch up on chores before starting lunch. However, since the falafel recipe called for putting everything into the food processor, I wasn't too worried. I was after it became apparent it would take about 5 different steps that I knew I was in trouble. Plus the fact that housemom was out and not coming back, along with two lunch guests. Luckily, Sam pitched right in when he got home and helped me finish them and lunch was only 15 minutes late. Not bad for the first time in 3 months, right?

But stressful.

I spent the rest of the time doing lunch dishes, only taking about 20 minutes to have a coffee (yes, dire situation here...) before going to work. We were doing fish for tonight's dinner, so it had to be weighed out and delivered to the houses. It went swimmingly and we got to enjoy the gorgeous afternoon that appeared out of nowhere after lunch.

We had a "green dinner" with challa bread (amazing...yum!), which consisted of pea shoots - very tasty - and a rather gross chard soup. Had I known the green's fate, I would've gotten kale...

Anyhow, going out now...more about tomorrow.

Hope all is well,
Steph

No comments: