Sunday, May 23, 2010

Down and Dirty

Hi all,

Today I spent a good portion of my day off cleaning my new room. It took about 1.5 hours to get it ready to move my stuff in. It wasn't filthy or anything, but after having several male co-workers in succession, there were definitely some nook and crannies that needed wiping down. My old room also needs some cleaning still, but I'm too pooped to do it now.
However, I am well-pleased with the transformation:







This pretty much ate up my day, and I had lunch and dinner (a cookout...nice) with the house. Now, I am feeling a bit cooped up, but also too lazy to call around to see if anyone wants to do anything. Good motivation, right?

Last night I watched a movie called "In the Cut" with Meg Ryan and Mark Ruffalo. It was incredibly intense and definitely not a movie you'd want to watch with your parents or on a first date. But the acting was incredible, the plot fresh and fascinating. I'm not typically a murder/suspense film watcher, but I definitely admire the amount of work went into the film.

I also have been enjoying the birthday mix CD that Bean gave me. My favorite is a Beatles cover of "I Want to Hold Your Hand" (since my CD for her birthday had the German original on it). It's quite tormented.

Anyhow, tomorrow we having an outing to learn about the White Rose Resistance movement. Should be very interesting.

Hope all is well,
Steph

No comments: