Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Proud Recipient of some Mail Lovin'

Hi all,

It's been a LONG day today. However, my days are nicer to come to my room now that I have had my posters shipped (thank you!) and pretty much set up. I'm still waiting on a print from snapfish (they left one out...) and from my brother. But it's really coming together well. Makes for a nice and relaxing place to wind down in!

Today I didn't get as long a nap as usual, as we had our neighborhood meeting. We discussed the upcoming Candlemas festivities preparations and it's a little daunting. The meeting is open to everyone in the neighborhood, and honestly it was a little hysterical today. They were giving a report from the youth rejuvenation meeting when one of the older members in the room piped up (with responses in parenthesis):

"May I say something?!?...I feel...I feel I want my youth days back!"
"I'm already 49" ("Aren't you 42?) "SAME THING!"
"DON'T LAUGH AT ME!"
"And I've worked in the shop for a long time, but I feel like I want to do more...I need animals to love!"
(Don't you have a cat, and don't you work at the barn??")
"That's DIFFERENT! I have to pay for the cat's stuff and the cow pushes me!!!"
"DON'T LAUGH AT ME!"
"I need to volunteer and have something to give my love to!"
"DON'T LAUGH AT ME!"

And then she was in tears, with several others joining in.

Of course, the delivery was what made it so fantastic. I can see where she's coming from and they're definitely legitimate feelings, but you'd be hard pressed to find a single person able to keep a straight face. This woman is larger than life and can really move it on the dance floor. Her cat spends most of his time trying to sneak into our house because he's a little, as the house mother puts it, "micro-managed".

Anyhow, I've just found out that there will be a walmart run tonight...so I'm off for cake making supplies in a bit!

Hope all is well,
Steph

No comments: