Saturday, January 9, 2010

Where are the Pictures Already?!?

Hi all,

The answer to today's blog title is: not coming. I had to sign a waiver which relates to the protection of a vulnerable population through image dispersion. (Impressive sounding, isn't it?) Which simply means that I have to be very careful about what I post. Plus, it's just too darn cold to go wandering around, so I haven't even seen most of the village yet!!

Today we had Saturday morning cleaning, which really isn't anymore fun than it sounds. It all got done, eventually, more or less to someone's satisfaction. It also just took me a minute to remember what we had for breakfast, so I know the days are still stretching out. It's an odd paradox. Every day seems longer than just one day, but since I feel like there's so much to learn it seems like no time has passed at all. All in good time, I suppose.

I went to the cafe today and met a whole slew of villagers, including one gracious enough to draw my portrait...twice! That picture may be coming soon, as I now lack the energy to take a good photo of it and then do a little cropping, as my birthday and full name are unnecessary for this. Definitely interesting.

We went to a concert tonight, piling into the 15 passenger van and taking some neighbors. It was a presentation called about the dream of Olaf Asteson. (I think...) It was kind of a morality song, although I found it a little taxing to try to follow and just enjoyed the rest. We had fun on the way back telling funny (and some not-so-funny, though I didn't tell my penguin joke...) stories.

Anyhow, I have a little correspondence to do and, as usual, I'm tiiiiiiiiired. Whine for the night accomplished! : p

Hope all is well,
Steph

No comments: