Friday, March 12, 2010

The Dilemma of Days Off

Hi all,

Yesterday evening housemom informed me I can have Saturday off. This is fine, except I'm a planner, and so obviously had no time to do so. I'm also lazy, and unless I make plans with other people - thus giving me motivation to actually do something - I often end up simply deciding it's not worth the effort. Thus tomorrow may be a wash. I suppose I should sign out the car as a precaution, but...laziness.

Anyhow, today was a long day. I haven't been feeling 100% and finally dragged myself to the Dr.'s office today and got a supplement to help (believe me, you don't want to know the details...). Dreading the trek back (amazing how draining the simple act of walking can be when you're not feeling well), I was pleasantly surprised that I managed to catch a ride. Lazy, yes, but we already have established that. It was even with a co-worker I haven't managed to talk with much, and I'm afraid I didn't exactly wow him conversationally with my stupor.

The nurse had advised me to try to rest today, and the only house worker was an amazing force, going on from job to job with little direction and no complaints! I managed to rustle together lunch (since housemom and the kids were out for a dentist's appointment) and get people where they needed to be. I reluctantly called the co-worker in charge of the co-op, and was reassured that it'd be fine I stayed home. I like Fridays at the co-op though, so it was kind of a disappointment. At any rate, I ended up napping for about 2.5 hours, waking up to a houseful of screaming children -3 extra- and a hassled-looking housemom. Although, sometimes, I think she brings the craziness on herself...3 other kids?!?

Anyhow, I'm off to lock up the hall...and that's pretty much my plan for the evening...

Hope all is well,
Steph

No comments: