Saturday, March 27, 2010

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hi all,

Today, I discovered the world's best (and simplest) playground equipment - ever. I mean, it's this thing that's basically like a bowl that you sit in, but has 3 dips around it (think of a falling open tulip). You put your legs on either side of one of the "spokes" and lean back. And it's like your own little personal merry-go-round. Fan-flippin-tastic.

Oh, did I mention the house went out today?

After getting up at 6:30 (2 days running, second one definitely not as fun...) and running a co-worker into Hudson for a driving class, I got back just in time to do cold cereal prep. After breakfast we did cleaning and then did hall cleaning and a skit practice. As usual, it went on for WAY too long. People with a passion for acting should be kept far away from the apathetic ones. Especially since 90% of the narration is done by 1 person.

After a leftovers lunch we had a nice rest hour, until it was discovered that Rusty was sick. Now, Rusty is a "nice" rooster who has been rather sickly. Honestly, I did wonder if we eat or bury pets. Obviously I did not ask.

We also went to Taghkanic State Park where there are 3 different playgrounds, a gorgeous beach and a long hiking trail around the lake. There was a large sign proclaiming "No people over 12 on the equipment". Over 12 what? Feet? No problem.

I might've had WAY too much fun.

We went out to dinner in Hudson in the trendy Mexican restaurant. The food was fast (because they were squeezing us in) but the price was ridiculous for what you got. They brought out the "quesadillas" and they were identical size of a normal hardshell taco. However, since I don't pay for my own food, this didn't gall me as much as it probably should have.

Tomorrow I have to day off and no plans for it so far. I have some movies to watch, books to read, and there's always jewelry. Or a last minute phone call, because that's just how things are here.

Anyhow, I hope all is well,
Steph

No comments: