Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just One of Those Days

Hi all,

Today was just one of those "off" days, and I knew it would be a long one. I found myself feeling anxious, jittery, stressed, tired and my back was hurting. I read somewhere that if you laugh for 7 seconds within the first 3 minutes of getting up that it will help your mood for the day. While I've been doing it lately, this morning's attempt was rather feeble.

Today's skit was hilarious. They performed "The Selfish Giant" by Oscar Wilde. The neighborhood has some very musically gifted house parents, who provided background music and great sound effects. The acting was wonderful, and one small mis-speak made for a hilarious moment (the Giant said he was going to knock down the trees with the children in them, instead of the fence!). Also, there was lots of fluttering around, and one of the male co-workers really got into it. Surprisingly graceful, I must admit.

However, this cut the morning short and made it more miserable by raining steadily all day. I hate being wet. Ugh. We had time for a quick potato run, and then I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies. A little baking therapy to try to throw the funk I was in. Housemom told me to make myself a nice glass of tea and relax, after some deep breathing I was definitely in a better space.

Lunch was at the cafe for me today, and was essentially leftovers from Friday night. Which means that they charged 20 a plate for that food (which mainly consisted of white rice). Insane.

I had a doctor's appointment today, which probably caused some of the stress. Because, really, who likes going to the doctor? I'm curious to try some natural supplements for skin and digestive health and so I'm now taking various things. I've had such mixed success with antibiotics that I'm willing to keep an open mind and give it a go.

Afterwards I was at the co-op, where I managed to work through the day. I knew my patience wasn't doing so hot and felt kind of shaky and fragile (emotionally and physically) the entire time. By keeping busy and limiting my exposure to Connie (and some good co-worker support) I made it through. I've also had some good downtime tonight because most of the house is at a gathering.

I'm not sure what brought on the funk, but I'm sure the rain isn't helping. I'm getting enough sleep I know, so that's probably not it. I suspect it's a build up of allergies, a slight cold, juggling the house with 3 co-workers, some internal changes, the work situation stress and the annoying gloomy and ever-present rain. However, I know that the sun has to shine sometime and that this week with the festivities will pass as well.

I'm concentrating on looking forward to making the fish for this Friday (hurrah for restaurant experience), the promised sunshine, performing our skit, stitch 'n bitch tonight, and hanging out with people I like.

Additionally, everyone should watch "Food Inc" it will blow your mind.

Hope all is well,
Steph


No comments: