Saturday, March 13, 2010

Let The Games Begin

Hi all,

Today was a pretty low-key day. I went with Bean and villager out to lunch in Hudson. I wasn't very adventurous and stuck with the amazing prosciutto panini I had last time. YUM. We did a quick salvation army stop (cheap books!) and then Walmart.

I'd steeled myself to buy what I needed (like a watch...finally) and I ended up coming out with the Apples to Apples game. It made no sense to have it sent from home, since it's heavy and I wouldn't want to have to lug it home at a future point. Plus, apparently it's not just the Germans that have never heard of it. I don't know what's wrong with East Coast education, but Bean was oblivious to this wondrous game. Plus, it teaches English, so that's always a plus, right? Now I just have to be social and non-lazy enough to get a game night together...

I also did the "call around the family to check in and ascertain people are alive call". I had 100%, and including the brother I called yesterday, I got the whole nuclear family covered. Go me.

I don't have any plans for tonight, so I'll probably work on my jewelry stuff. Not extremely social, but it's a dark and windy night (with obnoxious splatterings of rain!). Should be great fun to lock up the hall tonight...

Hope all is well,
Steph

PS. I'm also really impressed that Bean managed to eat 3 donuts in a row on the way home.

1 comment:

Bean said...

And here I was thinking I'd been stealthy about eating those donuts.