Thursday, March 4, 2010

In A Completely Non-Bisexual Way...

Hi all,

I really enjoy my housemother, but sometimes she can really catch me by surprise. She told me she can micro-manage, so all I have to do (like when she was going to do my dishes when I stepped away for 1 minute to stir my saute) is say "housemom..." and lift my eyebrows and she usually gets it. She's a compulsive straightener, so I know she's trying.

Anyhow, today we had to drop off the van at the repair shop to get the oil changed. I met her there in a borrowed car (haven't decided if I'm smitten or only intrigued with the Priuses). As I was driving her back, she hesitantly asked if she could ask me something, on a completely un-job related topic. (She was also afraid it might be illegal...and assured me that I didn't have to answer...).

"Sure, go for it."
(You know, shy me.)
"Well, are you....are you bisexual?"
"What?!"
(Totally not what I was expecting...vague village rumors of who I might be interested/interested in me, perhaps, but this was out of left field!)
"Um, well, no. I do believe that sexuality is a fluid concept and I fully support those who have different views on it, but I've never been sexually attracted to a woman before, so I'm pretty sure I'm 100% straight...."
"Oh! Ok. I was just going to say, that we're so supportive here - and I just wanted to let you know that I would support you, if you were."

"Ok"

(Because, really, what do you say to that??)

"Um, why do you ask, out of curiousity?"
"Oh, just some things you've said."
(Like WHAT???? I really hope this isn't about that swimsuit edition that lived under my bed lately...maybe something from science fiction?? I'm at a complete loss, and she couldn't name anything in particular.)

So that was a fun car ride home.

Honestly though, it's nice to know that she would be supportive of me no matter what my orientation is, but I can't help but to tease her a bit about it now. Also, I might've (in a bit of a fit of reciprocity shock-factor) informed her what a MILF is. That was funny.

Anyhow, as I told her I'm going to go and hang out with Bean, I helpfully clarified for her:
"In a completely non-bisexual way, of course."

I can be so helpful.

Hope all is well,
Steph

No comments: