Monday, March 29, 2010

Monkey In The Middle

Hi all,

Well, it was another drizzly and depressing day here. However, I hear some sunshine is in the works soon, so that's a happy thought. This morning we started the holy week festivities running up to Easter. Today's verse was: "I am the door". Neighborhood one presented a poem and had an "eurythmy" performance. So that was interesting. There are grown ups prancing around in flowing robes and (supposed to be) in unison. Housemom said that today wasn't the best example, since the people weren't eurythmists and probably hadn't had much time to practice. She also said that the first time she saw a performance she thought:

"Oh my god, I joined a cult!"

Naturally, there are several types, including performance, therapy and sound. Once again, I guess I suggest wikipedia?

So, work was behind today, but I still managed a very tasty African salad (brown rice, diced dates, oranges, raisins, craisins, onion, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, cinnamon and cumin) and a somewhat dubious "Kale and Potato Gratin". It really just needed some cheese.

I was rather torn about what to do today, but my work master stopped by and told me to come to the co-op. This made me a little uncomfortable, as I feel like I'm in the middle of something, but it was a relief. It's a very busy week for us, we have our order and we're doing inventory on Wednesday. I also chatted with someone on the works group and was assured that it would be brought up again, and that I could even invite myself to the meeting. Which only makes a little sense, right?

Like the other 2 work masters, she was out of the loop and thought that the way I'd been told was inappropriate as well. This makes me feel a lot better. My official stance is that I'd like to stay in the co-op, but I will go without fuss if they truly need me. That's all I can ask for. I'm not trying to be difficult, I don't think, as there are some valid points for me staying. Though I wasn't too thrilled in the beginning, I like the group and feel that I can contribute there, especially as most of the co-workers will be leaving in the not-so-distant future. My workmaster also had some very nice completely work-related compliments, but they made me blush, so I'm not going to share them.

Hope all is well,
Steph






No comments: