Thursday, March 18, 2010

It Should Really Count For My "Civics" Requirement...

Hi all,

Tonight I introduced 5 Germans to Apples to Apples. It pretty much blew their minds (or something like that). The best part was the end, when one guy had "Hopeless, Dirty and Ridiculous". Probably not his favorite game now.

Today was a rush, really. The morning started out well, though it was funny to have an extra body in the kitchen. I remember it being way more awkward trying to watch what was happening rather than just getting to help. Luckily, you get sucked in quickly! I did a co-op run this morning and discovered that there was only a villager in there. After making various phone calls when I got home, I eventually had to contact his housemom to have him go home. He might've gorged himself on bananas first...

I spent the afternoon taking one of the villagers (definitely the best one in the house! Although I'm stumped on a name for him..) for an eye appointment in Hudson. It went pretty quickly (although who knew that nuns drive Honda Accords?!? No leather interior though...) and we had tea break at a cafe, and then stopped and did a little shopping. I got stuff for making rice crispy bars (cocoa crispies!), which at first perplexed the Germans. It didn't last very long though! Although, I most of disappeared into Dusty...

The soup I made "Gypsy Soup" was actually really tasty, although Connie requested I leave out the chick peas from now on. Which is ridiculous, as she first complimented it - before tasting it - and ate hummus as well. Plus, it's like 1/3 of the soup. Tough.

Tonight, on the way to the game night, I went to lock up the hall. It was going well until the "library" where I managed to burst in on an executive committee - or what passes for them in the community - which was pretty awkward. "I'll, uh, let you lock it yourselves then..."

Anyhow, no nap today and I'm zonked...

Hope all is well,
Steph


No comments: