Sunday, February 7, 2010

Book Barn



Hi all,

I know, I know...two picture days in a row! Shocking, isn't it? Today, a new friend (we can be official because we're FB friends...) took me to the "Book Barn". Which, true to the name, is actually an old converted barn that now is filled wall-to-wall with books. Doesn't that even sound amazing?!?

Obviously, I had a wonderful job! She laughed that I got 8 books, but that's even after I carefully considered more and limited myself! I must admit, I was a little disappointed in the sparse science fiction section, but I still drudged up some decent Ray Bradbury - a novel even! I'll be a happy girl for a while!

So that, not the screaming children at 7:30..., was my high light of the day. I spent a good portion of the day shut up in my room making myself work on my jewelry. I do enjoy it, but it always takes me some effort to start it up and just do it. The tool magic is amazing, but unfortunately it only works for 3-4 hours at a time until it starts to tear through. It's greatly reduced the scratches on my jump rings though, so that's really nice.

We also got a potential co-worker visitor today. She'll be staying for a week and using our house as a home base. She's blind, and so this is a trial run to see if she'd be able to stay here and contribute as a co-worker. It's a very good experience, because as the population ages, there could be many residents who will suffer considerable loss of vision. We can see what potential problems and solutions could be found out before it becomes an issue. I'm trying to stay very neutral, because I know my opinion will be asked at the end of the visit.

Other than that (and a tasty dinner...beef soup and super brownies...) my day was pretty uneventful. So, yeah...

Hope all is well,
Steph

3 comments:

Sandy M said...

Book Barn right on site? Free books? Sounds like your version of heaven...

sandi said...

yeah, got one of those at my job, too - we just call it a library :)

Steph said...

It's funny...I have two Sandy/i's commenting. And no, it's not a library, it's a USED book store... I Bought the books. And, I haven't been able to get out to get a library card yet, so it's best option so far!