Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'm Pretty Much Amazing

Hi all,

Oh, yeah, and modest too! And honestly, housemom helped out here and there. I did manage to run breakfast and brunch (yummy biscuits, scrambled eggs with cream cheese and "bacon"). The bacon was already smoked, and was mostly fat, I had to hack 3/4" slices. I felt like I was at a country breakfast with James Herriot.

I'd given out boxes of Valentine Hearts at breakfast, and it was hilarious because one of the quiet guys ended up dumping his in his milk and ate them that way before I noticed. He was in a great mood all day, despite both the male co-workers being gone. Lots of supportive back-patting and hand-holding. He also snuck up and kissed my arm, which apparently happens now and again. When he found out that we were helping with the bedtime routine, he thought it was great fun to have his teeth brushed by me and pretty much giggled his way through it. Plus, we'd had a "Valentine's Day Cake" (which had the strangest meringue frosting...it oozed EVERYWHERE...housemom was a little disturbed by her latest creation!), which is always a good thing as he has a sweet tooth.

Today, the person I work most closely with broke down in tears of happiness. I wasn't sure what was happening at first and was really confused. She was singing happy birthday to a friend back home, it was really cute. She had a good day, I think.

I also did a stint in the giftshop today, which was mostly uneventful. I'd brought my jewelry stuff, and now have the core part of the chain done. It needs two side-rows and all the beads attached, but it's looking good. I'm still pissed that I can't find my clasps, they were drilled out and I have no clue what happened to them. Lost in my room at home, I suppose. Grrr.

So, yeah. That was my Valentine's Day, I was happy with it!

Hope all is well,
Steph

No comments: